Using Shmoop

We are currently using Shmoop to get our 8th graders ready for the 8/9 PSAT Test and we are planning to use it for TSI in the future.

1 Like

Hello, I teach 9th Grade Human Geography and In my class we use Shmoop to Review for the AP Test in May.

Hello, I work at a high school. I am in charge of the College, Career and Military Readiness at my school. We mainly use Shmoop to help our students pass the Texas Success Initiative Assessment. We hope to incorporate the use of Shmoop into our AP classes soon.

2 Likes

I use Shmoop for TSI and PSAT test prep. I tell my students how fortunate they are to have this resource, because my children didn’t have any resources to help them prepare for tests.

1 Like

our high school is also looking at using Shmoop for the TSI test

2 Likes

I’m using Shmoop to work with my advanced math students to get them ready for high school math!

1 Like

I am using Shmoop with my AP Macroeconomics students. We utilize drill exercises, the diagnostic test as well as reading articles and walk through examples.

1 Like

Did anyone have trouble with students not seeing the “assignments” tab for created assignments?

Hi @WYATT_MATTHEWS !
The assignments tab, in Shmoop’s classroom overview, was originally created to send custom assignments to students needing additional assistance outside of our personalized learning programs. If you are utilizing the assignments tab and students are unable to see it, please reach out to our support team at support@shmoop.com and they can assist.

I use Shmoop every Friday with my juniors to do ACT Prep. We used the diagnostic tool and each of them works on their pink “S” areas to review. The drills have been super useful for my students to refresh some of the concepts from previous years!

1 Like

I am using Shmoop for test prep and practice questions for the Algebra 1 TN-Ready test.

1 Like

I am currently using Shmoop with my ELL learners who are trying to achieve a concordant score in ACT in order to graduate high school. Every Tuesday, I work with my seniors and juniors in providing support in the areas they need based on their diagnostic scores. They are getting more familiar with the types of questions being asked and how to make inferences after reading the text.

1 Like

We are using for EOC prep for our Algebra 1 students!

1 Like

Using Shmoop for concept reviews and EOC prep!

1 Like

I’m using Shmoop for something our online charter school has in it’s curriculum called “sample work” but ultimately it serves 3 purposes.

1. The sample work assignment
  2. Practice/review for each unit
  3. We have data that we can track for each student, starting with the Diagnostic test for the EOC of each of my classes
1 Like

I’m using Shmoop as a review/intervention resource for students that need additional practice on skills and concepts.

1 Like

I am currently using Shmoop as a review for the upcoming AP Exam in May. We have been doing unit reviews as we go through to check for content knowledge and reading the MCQ questions. The students love using the Shmoop resources. They are a great resource and easy to bring into the class itself.

1 Like

I am using Shmoop to prepare students for the ASVAB and the ACT!

1 Like

I teach for an online academy and Shmoop is used as part of a college prep/ACT prep class.

1 Like

This is a good idea I can share with our school that they consider.

2 Likes